The first patch for Chrono Trigger on PC is out, with the following patch notes taken directly from Steam:
- Character sprites and background graphics adjusted to be more in-line with the original style of CHRONO TRIGGER. This can be selected from the menu as ¡°Original¡± graphics, and is the new default selection.
- The font has been updated to give the game a more classic look.
- Text which did not match the game experience on PC has been revised, and a large number of other text issues have been corrected.
- Fixed the way the word ¡°TRIGGER¡± is displayed as it floats in on the title screen.
- Adjusted the order of the demo video and animated opening sequence from the title screen to be more in-line with previous versions of the game.
- The background gradient of each text window has been adjusted to make it darker towards the bottom.
I haven’t had the chance to go back and check it out, but this should go a long way to restoring some faith for fans. Best wishes and may the gaming gods bring you glory.